Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Orleans Bike Friendly?

I wish NOLA was more bike friendly. I commute to work on a bike and have been run off of the road several times. I work at a local outfitter and I frequently encounter people that have either been in an accident or a near accident on their bikes. There is only one bike lane that I know of in the city. And that path is not in a convenient location.

There is talk to build a green way path called The Lafitte Corridor( http://www.folc-nola.org/). I know some of the people that are involved in making this come to fruition and they are AWESOME. I really hope that they can cut through all of the red tape and bureaucracy of Louisiana and make this happen. NOLA really needs this type of improvement. Massey's, the outfitter I work for, gives a 10% discount for anyone who rides their bike to the shop. This is a great incentive, if you're a gear head like I am, to totally transform your life from four wheels to two.


Go Ride A Bike!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment