Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mitake Bouldering









Yesterday some friends from the climbing gym and I went to a local bouldering area called Mitake. It is a very cool area. Very spread out. I think the boulders that I have climbed so far are OK but the environment that you find yourself in is really nice. The river that the boulders surround, is full of white water kayakers and rafting groups. Which has given me an interest in starting to white water kayak on this river. Which is up to class three, I think. Anyway, the rock in over used and glossy. This makes, in my opinion, all problems harder to climb due to a lack of good friction. Not to mention that I did go in August. We did arrive at 8am to nice temps, 26C. I think next time I go I will arrive there for 6am instead. It is only a 30 min drive.

So all in all I had fun. We climbed a few v3s and a few v4s. I tried a v10. Good holds but very sequential. One day. Here are a few shots from the day. My camera battery died and I was traveling lite so I did not bring my other battery. So I was only able to take photos of the first boulder. I took a bit of video too. But I am collaborating to make a short so that will take quite a while to produce.

Anyway hope all is well for you. I am tying up some loose ends today and heading to the mountains for some bouldering tomorrow. Should be fun.





Go Climb Something!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment