Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bouldering Adventures

Jack making v4 slab look as easy as walking on a sidewalk



The move before the crux on a cool v4/5 slab

Moving into the crux from the top, nothing up there



Jack on the summit



Fun v1 by a river


Yesterday Jack and I made our way through the rain in Tokyo to the clearing skies in the mountains around Kofu. It was a little humid but we were able to locate some dry boulders in one of Jack's secret bouldering areas. It is really cool to climb with him in these area not only due to the fact of his extensive knowledge of the area, but because he has most of the first accents of the classic problems in the areas that we have gone to so far.
The first area we climbed at has several boulders. We climbed five slabby problems and a lowball one move wonder, v1, v3, v4, v4/5, v5, and v6/7. We could not send the V6/7 due to the humidity though. All of the problems were fun and worth going back for more scouting to find more problems. Next we ate lunch at a cool noodle house and headed back for more rock wrangling.
The second area set us in a full boulder garden. Very nice area with soooo much potential. Jack showed me a v4/5 that starts on two crimps with bad feet. You move to a slopper jug then to four right hand bumps on an OK slopper aerate. Hard for me but the most fun problem all day. It started to rain and we decided to head for the onsen, hot springs, for a relaxing and rejuvenating dip.
Jack also showed me where to buy organic vegetables. There are a few places around Fussa. And a couple of restaurants too. Very cool.
I am going to a bouldering gym to start to train for the upcoming climbing season, but with a baby coming who knows if I will even be able to climb again. And on Monday Jack and I are going to the mountains to stay at his 2nd house. Which is 20min to the crag!!!!!!!! So I will be out of pocket for a few days but I will be back with great stories and even better photos, I hope.
Oh yea and I am sorry I do not have any of the names of any of the problems due to the lack of paper at the crag to write the long Japanese names down.
Until then keep it real, don't play with guns, and........



Go Climb Something!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment