Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trip Update

So as of today it looks like I will have a travel buddy through Denver. Star let me know that she was able to adjust her schedule and come with me. She found a one-way flight from Denver to NOLA for $120!!!!! A screaming deal. I am super pumped. So the ride to Denver will not be as boring. This is a somewhat less tentative itinerary of my grand trip out west.


I will head out of NOLA on the July 12th @3am. I am not leaving earlier due to close friends being married on the 11th. I am not planning to stop, until arriving in Boulder, Co. Star and I have a friend in Denver that we would love to see. So that will be fun for us both. This is a climbing trip for me so I am planning to be climbing at least five days a week. I have a crash pad so no matter what I will be doing something. Rest days I will be riding single track.

Since Star will be with me for a couple of days in Boulder I think it is best that we head to either Eldo Canyon or Upper Dream Canyon in Boulder Canyon. I am very interested to climb some very hard multi-pitch routes. It is time to pull my limits even farther.

I will drop Star off at the airport and make the eight hour drive to Jackson, Wy. I am very excited to meet up with Chris and Lori. (On a side note, they are currently on a month long road trip up the west coast to finish in Squamish. Then to Jackson, Wy where Chris guides for Exum.) From here my exact details are a little fuzzy. I still want to climb in Montana and Idaho. But that depends on finding people to climb with. I am hoping to meet up with some folks from Mountain Khaki, who I am an Ambassador for, to kick it with. I am going to the Outdoor Retailer Show in SLC the week of the 2oth of July. I am planning to meet up with some friends from Black Diamond to climb with around SLC.

I am looking forward the most to climbing in the Tetons. I wonder if I will even be able pull myself away from Jackson. Who knows. That's what I have so far. Stay tuned for a totally different detailed itinerary soon.

1 comments:

Post a Comment
  1. Two friends in Denver. Shannon leave on Sunday and will be there for the next two months. Safe travels.

Post a Comment