Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gear Recommendation





Superfeet is an amazing product. Superfeet makes shoe inserts that can be trimmed to fit any shoe that takes an insert. There are many different inserts that Superfeet offers depending on what activities you are involved in and the type of arch you have. If you are a pronator or supinator, is a consideration for fitting too.
At first I was reluctant to use the insert because of the polycarbonate heal plate. I thought that it would be very stiff, rigid, and uncomfortable. I was right and wrong. The heal plate is rigid but not uncomfortable. The heel plate is designed at a certain pitch so it pushes your fatty pad under your calcaneus, aka heel, to add cushion. So it is comfortable. The fact that Superfeet uses polycarbonate instead of foam or gel for support is great. The polycarbonate does not loose its shape over time. This can be bad if you are loosing your arch due to a plethora of different medical problems or genes. If your loosing your arch a foam or gel insert will mold to the bad arch, not help stabilize it. The Superfeet will continue to support long after the foam and gel, in other inserts, have broken down.

I have a medium width foot and an average arch. I am a pronator. I use Superfeet in all of my shoes that permit an insert. I generally wear a size ten shoe, so I am an E in Superfeet sizing. I use a green insert in my everyday shoes and hikers, a blue in my Patagonia dress shoes, an orange in my running and approach shoes, a Redhot in my snowboard boots, and a yellow in my bike shoes. I have been wearing Superfeet for over two years now and have loved every minute of it.

Now saying all of this, I am not a podiatrist. I am not a orthopedist. I am just a man that beats up his feet on a regular basis. I am very active and I need to protect my feet for future use. I can not afford a custom made orthotic, which is the best insert on the market, because the money would come out of my trip fund. And I will not stand for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment