Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Red Rock and The Red










Photo by Dyan



So I have had some time to think about last week in Red Rock Canyon and I have to say that it was a great trip. Not just that I was able procure my AMGA certification but the sweet folks that I met along the was. Viren and Julie are some of the coolest peeps I've met in my travels. Julie is a PT and Viren holds all of the job titles that I hope to have one day. Jason Martin is a really cool guy that seems to have experienced a ton and I hope to meet up with him in April and May for some pitches. Dyan, who works at AAI with Viren and Jason, is a cool chick that was a great climbing partner. Not to mention the sweet dudes from my SPI class. I must have a ton of good karma built up to have crossed paths with these wonderful people.
Next is The Red River Gorge in Kentucky. We leave tomorrow, Friday. I am very excited to go back to the Red. I am much stronger now and I ready to climb some of the stuff that I flailed on last year. And not to mention all of the routes that I looked at climbing but not having a chance to. This trip is twice as long, so I should have time to climb a ton of classics. I have a large tick list that I have been compiling for a year.

On the trip I will be having a birthday. So it looks like we will be parting quite a bit. The New Belgium Ranger IPA will be on hand for sure. Not to mention Dave's amazing pies.

So off to the Red tomorrow to crush. Stay tuned and go climb some rocks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment