Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

T-Wall and Stone Fort

The end of the hard part of Super Mario

So I added the end of another problem to it to make it even more fun



Fun move high left



Bad side pull on right hand




Big move to the finish, super fun!!!!




Star on Hairy Undercling, Crescent Boulder




Moving into the crux of Digital Macabre





Star just past the crux of Cake Walk






Star loving CW




This past weekend my wife and I went on a late Valentine's Day trip to Chattanooga. It was one of the best trips that I have taken to Chatty yet. We stayed in a great bed and breakfast in Chatty. On Saturday we woke to perfect conditions for Twall. We hiked up and climbed Goldenlocks 5.8+, Cake Walk 10a, and Digital Macabre 10b/c. The temps were in the 50's and the sun was out to keep things just right. I sent CW clean and sat once on DM in the crux. Macabre will go next try.

On Sunday we went to check out Stone Fort. I had been there once before and just walked around. So this was my first time really climbing there. Star and I warmed up on the Crescent Boulder. We climbed the three v0-v3 on the front and the seemingly easy v2 and v4 on the back. All fun but my real goal from the day was to find some projects and send Super Mario v4/5.

We made it to Super Mario and after figuring out the beta I sent pretty easy. It turns out that there are several other problems ranging from v3-v8 on the same face. I wound up working the higher top out on the boulder to give SM a harder finish. I did the top section but could not link the whole thing. I was pumped after climbing all day and figured that I would be back in a couple of weeks and I would send then along with some harder stuff.

So here are the pictures and I will be posting more as I go through them.

1 comments:

Post a Comment
  1. I've been through Chattanooga several times on trips to Pidgeon forge and Gatlinburg - love the place. Ruby falls is a blessing and a wonder to behold, I'm sure you've pertaken?

    Ed, you must have fingers and tendons like cable to make a rock face submit to you while defying Newton's laws of gravity. I'm in awe, always.

    If I didn't have the 300lb wild boar body that I do, I'd be out there clawing over stone and boulder too. Why, because it's fun, and that's all the reason why any of us would do it.

    Keep it up, you're an inspiration to us lazy bones.

Post a Comment