Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011
Panoramic shot of Pecos River



Pecos High Bridge



Pecos






The Alamo






Sakuras



E-Rock Highball



A few of the MANY boulder fields



Enchanted Rock



WWII Naval Museum in Fredricksburg



We made it back safely home. It is very nice to be home. I did not realize how much stress I was under until I laid in bed last night. It was such a relief to lay with Gavin and Star. Very peaceful.

On Thursday I drove down to the Lake Amistad area of the Pecos River. What an amazing sight. The 100+ foot limestone walls were beyond impressive. I have to say, I was VERY impressed with the quality and length of the stone here. The Limestone is endless. It was hot in the sun, but all the routes that I'm aware of are on the shady side of the river. It was a bit windy which would have made for fantastic climbing conditions. But as I was with Gavin so there was no climbing that day. I hiked around a bit to check out the lines. Very nice.

On Friday we went to Enchanted Rock north of Fredricksburg. It is worth mentioning that I had the second best burger in my twenty-nine years in this quaint, cozy town. Mahaley's Cafe has an amazing 1/2 lb. cheddar cheese burger with avocado, grilled onions, tomatoes, pickles, mayo and an amazing toasted bun. If you ever go there you MUST eat this burger. Star had the fish tacos, they were tasty too. E-Rock took me by surprise too. I have to say that I was not expecting so many and such large boulders. I was impressed with the quality of the granite here. The temperature was quite hot so we did not stay very long. It would not be the end of the world to live in San Antonio if Star were stationed there. There are some very nice climbing areas within a short drive.

We left for Japan on Saturday. After more than 14 hours of travel we made it to Narita to find Jensen there to take us home. We arrived home just in time to catch the peak of Sakura season. What a beautiful time of year. It sure is nice to be home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment