Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Nikon D5000

So I finally pulled the trigger on a camera. Star and I bought the new Nikon D5000 after many a month of searching for "The Perfect Camera". I talked to several people and the general consensus was between a mid ranged Canon or Nikon. I handled both and it seemed that the Nikon felt the best in my hands. I originally wanted a single lens to have an 18-200mm range. The Nikon lens in this range is almost $700 and the equivalent from Tamron is $350. After learning more about lenses and ranges, I found out why the Nikon lens was so much more. VR control. Vibration Reduction. Anytime that you zoom in past 100mm, along with a seemingly infinite other situations, if there is any movement the photo will be blurry. After considering the majority of use that we will be using the camera for I knew that the VR function was a must. Out of my price range I was disappointed that I would have to wait even longer to buy our camera.
This past Sunday in the Best Buy ad, they advertised for a great package. The package included:


Nikon D5000
Nikon VR 18-55mm
Nikon VR 55-200mm
Nikon camera bag
8GB memory card
The Package was only 879.99!!!!!!! I jumped on it like stank-on-shit. I also bought a UV filter, polarizer filter and an extra batt. I am very excited to start using the camera and learning all of the features. I took 75 photos last night. All but one seemed to look OK. So I will be posting several entries now on my learning process.



Here is the only photo that Looked good.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment