Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

HP40 is GRRRRRREAT!!!!!































I arrived in New Orleans from Washington DC at 920pm on Monday night and met up with my buddy Blake and we drove straight to HP. We planned to climb at HP for two days pending weather. It turned out that the weather was not good, at all. The first day the weather was very dame and overcast. No sun at all. Blake had never climbed outside before and I was very ready to climb on some sloppers. My buddy Mike met us and we set out for some fun. Most of the problems were wet, but we were able to find some classics to play on. We warmed up on the Wasp V3. Very fun. Blake made it to the crux move, we were very impressed. We walked over to Uni-ball and started to look at it and noticed that the start undercling is very loose. Uber scary!!!! Look out for this!!!

Mike had to roll but Blake and I played around for a while and had fun. We met a rep from Trango who climbed with us for the rest of the day.
On Wed we went to Little River Canyon to climb with Mike. It was pouring down. We were only able to clime one route at the Grey wall and then we drove and walked around until we found the Lizard Wall. Very impressed with this sector. There is a ton to keep me busy for a while there. Mike pushed it up a great line that I was not about to pull through the crux. I will send it next week!!! It is only 11c. I should have made it on the insight, but I did not. Ill get the redpoint.

I am hoping to return with another buddy next week but we will see if work will allow. Check out these great shots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment