Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Final Trip Update

I am past ready to leave on my trip. I am planning on climbing at least six days a week. I am planning to cross train with mountain biking and long boarding. As of an itinerary, this is what I have come up with.

Star and I will be leaving this Saturday night. We will be driving straight to Denver. It is about a 20hr drive. So that puts us in Denver around 8pm without stops. We plan to stay with some friends in Denver that night and climb in Upper Dream Canyon and Eldo Canyon on the 13th and 14th. Star has a flight that she has to make on the evening of the 14th and I am planning on hanging out in Denver that night. On the 15th I am planning to start traveling north towards Jackson Hole. It is about an 8hr drive and I am guessing that I am going to want to stop in Fort Collins to check out the New Belgium Brewery and Vedauwoo, Wy. I am planning to meet up with Chris, a guide with Exum, that night and just take it from there.

The only thing that I have set in stone that I am going to do is go to the Outdoor Retailer show in Salt Lake around the 22 through the 26th, ish. But we will see what is in store. I have no idea where the wild wind will blow me. I am planning on climbing in Montana in the Gallatin Canyon. I would also like to check out Red Cliff Campground area in Montana too. I hear that there is a ton of routes there. In Wyoming I am excited to check out the Sinks, Rodeo Wall, The Tetons, The Island, and Rock Springs Buttress. I am uber ready to visit City of Rocks in Idaho. I hear the lines there are Rad!!
And when I am in SLC I want to climb in Little Cottonwood Canyon. But there are so many places in that area that are worth visiting. I am going to wait and meet up with a friend from Black Diamond and see what he wants to do.

We will see how it turns out. As of now this is what I have. I am not 100% on when I will be back in NOLA, but I will miss my wife and the New Orleans food everyday.

Look out rock, here I come!!!!!


Go Climb Something!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment