Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Another Week Hath Passed

Rob making it happen



Rod getting technical


Traversing


Love at first sight


Trail Side Delight v4ish


Shirotea Left



Getting Ready for Jumping Hook V5


It has been a week since my last post and as usual copious has happened. My mother's trip has come and gone, miss you mom. Now my father-in-law, Rod, is here to visit with his first grandchild for six weeks. It is sure nice to have Rod here. His first experience in Japan was on the commuter train from Tokyo to our city. Frightening at the least for him I'm sure. Jensen and I took morning to Shirotea. Shirotea is a very popular sport and bouldering area north of Okutama. This is also the area that I am helping replace many bad bolts. There are a ton of fun routes here. I also took my mom to Mitake and sent Jumping Hook V5 on the Sand Bar boulder.

I have already posted. but Jack and I made it up to the secret bouldering area and he sent his most recent project Bear Paw Man V11 FA. This problem was first thought to be unclimbable. Then after some intense looking, he found many small but key features that allowed him to add another classic to the Hut area. I was also in the market for a new project and searched for a new boulder. Which of course is not hard to do hear. And found a very tall and beautiful boulder with two obvious problems. After cleaning the right side, the boulder yielded a very fun and high V4+ that I sent first go called Trail Side Delight. No video but, we are planning on climbing a few other highballs nearby and will warm up in this one. I am planning on video then.

We made it to Base Camp climbing gym again. Star is really getting back into climbing. She is getting her lead mind back. Rod decided to have a go at it. Climbing up to 5.10a on TR. Which it Awesome!!! Such a trooper. Let's see how he feels tomorrow.

My little man Gavin is starting to talk. He has grown some much in the past few days. Tomorrow
we are baby sitting the Jensen's little man for a few hours. We will be tested for sure. Stay tuned on the result.
The next week looks to be more eventful with the start to bolting a new area here and looking for new projects at the Hut area. I am planning on many more photos but time to swap baby shifts and it's off to bed for me.

Signing off 4:32am.

Go Climb Something

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment