Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Eco Grip Gel




As usual I made my way to Calafata in Tokyo to play with all of the new gear and to have lunch with Jack. Among the many new shoes, harnesses, carabiners, and clothes was the this gel. The new NST Eco Grip gel is awesome!!! I am not into the liquid chalk scene at all, except for DWS. Liquid chalk is all over in Japan. Jack brought me over to the shop's climbing wall and asked me to hold onto a sloper pinch and lift my feet. Of course it was a fixed test and I could not lift my feet for any measure of time. We then lathered our hands in a small amount of Eco Grip Gel and after waiting about 1.5 mins Jack said "Again". This time to my surprise I was able to not only hang from the hold for 10 secs with my strong hand but, I was able to hang for 8 secs with my weak hand. "SOLD!!!!" I said to him in a flash.

This new Eco Gel is alcohol free, non-toxic, and biodegradable. There is no dust and the gel lasts all problem long (this is dependent on how much you choose to lather on). NST is a French company that makes an assortment of outdoor goodies. I think the guys at NST got this one right. I put my stamp of approval all over this one. Off to go climbing.

Ciao!


Go Climb Something!!!!

4 comments:

Post a Comment
  1. i guess i didn't know there was a liquid chalk scene!

  2. Consider yourself informed.

  3. I also didn't knew, until reading this post, that there was a liquid chalk scene.

  4. I am interested in this product, but I can't find anywhere what the ingredients are... I'm a big fan of Metolius Eco-Ball for its drying qualities (Silica based), and I really really do not want anything that has a sticky finish like rosin.
    Anyone know?

Post a Comment