Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Kanoto Cliff



Japanese Cliffs




Old Pin






New climbing area


The new area cleaning has begun. I have taken a couple of photos but none are very becoming. But saying this I have one just to show what it looks like. The new area is about 60 ft tall and just as wide. The rock is limestone and as of today we figure that there are about 12 routes ranging from 5.7 to 11c-ish. We will be bolting the lines very soon. The trail is being put in now and looks very good. Anyway I have spent some time here and it seems like this will be a great place to bring beginner climbers. Privater guiding area.

The other trip that Gavin and I took today was to Hinohara. Hinohara is about 30 minutes from Fussa and a nice drive. There is an old crag there that looks amazing. But the cliff, Kanoto 100m high, has been closed for many years due to the cliffs status. This cliff in Japan is to us in the states like climbing Mount Rushmore. Without the old dudes faces. The rock is very nice and steep towards the top. I really wish that we could still climb there. So it goes. I took some nice shots of some old scary gear. If this place did ever open, a hardware overhaul would have to take place asap. There are some nice large boulders nearby that have seen some climbing it seems. I know one of Yuji and Dai's hardest problems is in this area but not exactly sure where.

In other news, I am heading to Caramba tonight to set up some easy problems. I am teaching a bouldering class there on Friday, so I need to prep a bit. More cleaning and finalizing on the lines at the new area on Saturday and hanging with the fam on Sunday. This week is jammed packed with fun!!!


Go Climb Something!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment